Pages

27 April 2012

Neon Custom Mini Amigurumi & Gallery Show


After finishing a couple of mini items I made for folks at the Cherry Blossom Festival, I realised that I have really missed making new work. Sometimes I get so wrapped up in making items for different craft fairs that I forget that making new art is often what keeps me from going nuts on making my millionth Mini Red Mario Mushroom.

But while I was making a bunch of neon Lumas, I thought it would be awesome if I could make them in colours I was into: hot pink,  bright yellow & teal! Guess which colours sold the fastest?!

Custom Mini Items I made for orders I took at the Cherry Blossom Festival

So it's no surprise that I wanted to make neon Mario Mushrooms. I was tempted to make some mini radioactive green ones when I decided I had better finish some other inventory instead of making new stuff. Then I got an order for a Mini Radioactive Green Mushroom. HA! Just goes to show you should go with your gut, right?

After a couple of weeks getting through the awesome Cherry Blossom Festival, I've kicked it into high gear for my first gallery show! I'm going to be featured with over 60 SF Etsy artists from the Bay Area at STUDIO Gallery in San Francisco, CA. Here's a pic of my submissions:

From left to right: Chain Chomp ($100 USD), Thwomp ($150 USD) & Bob-Omb ($80 USD)
These amigurumi versions of classic Super Mario villains have been delivered to STUDIO Gallery and will be showing from May 2nd through the 27th. Be sure to stop by to see them in person, if you're local to San Francisco. :)

I'm also prepping for a big surprise honour happening this upcoming May Day. If you're on the Etsy blog looking for rad things to make, you might wanna keep an extra eye peeled on the 1st...

OOPS! I've said too much!

Behind the Scenes - a sneak peek pic of the tutorial photo shoot
Photo by Roger Moore

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I'm excited about it all, too. But I'm REALLY stoked about Tuesday. All the photos got taken, all the words got written, now all the blog needs to be up :D Will post more when I get more things to post.

      Delete
  2. Thwomp rocks! Sending some hellaciously good vibes your way &he much luck with gallery showing. SF is tearing stuff up yo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenelle! Someone at a show the other day pointed out that Thwomp is traditionally *composed* of rock, so it's rad to see his softer (amigurumi/plush) side.

      I'm receiving all them hellaciously good vibes (what an awesome phrase!) and transmitting them into Thwomp finally finding his new home. :) I can't wait til someone nerds out at the sight of him and hands the gallery his or her credit card.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. hehehe Colours make me happy and thems some bright ones!! As you can see to the right, I'm a fan of bright green. There's a radioactive green purse with my name slimed all over it!

      It's funny that it's also next to dainty milk glass tiered tea displays. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...